Loving On You This Holiday Season
You are one lucky individual!
You were gifted the most amazing gift this Christmas season. You were gifted a trio of the purest and most authentic essential oils in the entire world! The individual who blessed you with this gift loves what you are doing for a member of their family and wanted to say a huge thank you for all your time, effort, love, support and nurturing of their child. You are extremely valued and loved!
Here you will find the different ways you can use the items included in your gift. Should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to me! I love all things essential oils, but most of all, I love supporting and educating individuals on how they can simply and effectively incorporate them into their daily routines!
In your gift, you have received an essential oil trio of Lavender, Lemon and Peppermint. You also received an OnGuard Hand Sanitizer and a luxurious Lip Balm from Naturally a Goddess!
Special note: Please do not put Essential Oils into a humidifier/dehumidifier. The essential oils are only meant to be in a diffuser. When using a diffuser, fill the reservoir to the line with water. Add 2-4 drops of CPTG doTERRA Essential Oil, run the diffuser!
It is recommended to clean your diffuser once a week. To clean your diffuser:
- Put a bit of distilled white vinegar into the diffuser.
- Let it run for about 5 minutes.
- Dump out the vinegar. Add water to the fill line.
- Run the diffuser for 5 minutes without essential oils in the water.
- Dump the water
- Take a cue-tip and clean the little hole at the bottom to rid it of any residue and gunk.
- Continue using your diffuser as usual!
OnGuard Hand Sanitizer
This sanitizing mist purifies hands by eliminating bacteria and other germs on the skin. The moisturizing formula effectively cleanses hands without drying the skin! You also get the powerful impact of OnGuard Essential Oil blend, which provides an uplifting citrus spice aroma.
Here are the primary benefits of the OnGuard Hand Sanitizing Mist:
- Kills 99.9% of germs and bacteria
- cleanses hands when soap and water are unavailable
- use to sanitize hands after touching gym equipment, door handles and other public places that are commonly touched
- quick drying: does not sting your hands if you experience dry skin or eczema
Ways to use:
- Spray shopping cart handles (and seats if you have little ones)
- Spray restaurant tables, chairs, booster seats, high chairs, plane seats, plane arm rests and tray tables, public toilet seats...literally everywhere! I never leave home without one in my purse or diaper bag.
Shea Butter Lip Balm
The only Lip Balm you will ever need! Made with natural and organic ingredients, it will leave your lips feeling soft, supple and nourished.
Infused with homemade Yarrow and Calendula Olive Oil (which is steeped for a minimum of 5 weeks), organic shea butter, organic cocoa butter, beeswax and CPTG essential oils.
The combination of Yarrow and Calendula have amazing benefits for the skin. This balm is particularly beneficial for individuals who experience chronic chapped lips or to protect from the harsh winds of the winter cold.
Benefits of Yarrow:
- has anti-inflammatory properties
- possess healing properties
- used as a calming agent when used in cosmetics
- helps ease anxiousness
Benefits of Calendula:
- has antibacterial properties
- stimulates the production of collagen
- high content of antioxidants
- great moisturizer for dry and chapped skin/lips
Benefits of Beeswax:
- Creates a protective barrier on the skin so the other ingredients can do their magic
Benefits of Shea/Cocoa Butter:
- Moisturizes the skin
- Anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory
Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender has been used for centuries and is one of the most used Essential Oils in the world. It's rare to find someone who hasn't benefit from the aroma of Lavender. But the quality, where it is sourced and the potency is the key factor in truly benefiting from the many benefits of Lavender essential oil.
Lavender is often used to help sooth skin irritations and help the skin recover quickly. I have personal experience with this! In less than 12 hours you could not even tell that I had severely burned my hand in the oven.
It has also been shown to help reduce muscle tension, promotes relaxation, manage stress and a restful night's sleep.
Here are some ways to use your Lavender Essential Oil:
- Drop roughly 4 drops of Lavender and 1 cup of epsom salts to your bath water to calm the body and put you into a state of relaxation before bed time
- Rub Lavender and Lemongrass on your legs and feet if you've been on them all day
- Rub on the bottoms of the feet (adults can apply it neat, children and elderly add a couple drops of a carrier oil) and add 2-3 drops to your diffuser for a more restful sleep
- Apply to a burn to soothe the irritated skin and to reduce rendess and ease swelling
- A natural face scrub: fill a small jar with oatmeal, add 5-8 drops of Lavender oil, place the lid on. When it's time to wash your face, add water and it becomes an all natural face scrub! A little goes a long way. (Thanks Angie for the tip!)
- Add a drop to hot water (not boiling) to enjoy a Lavender tea
- Add a drop to marinades, custards, cookies, icing, and more
- Apply to areas where you are experiencing razor burn
- One drop of Lavender will help relieve gum sensitivity, dry/chapped lips, cuts, scrapes, sun burns and more!
- Roll on the temples and the back of the neck when feeling anxious, stressed, to promote mental clarity and to calm the muscles that tend to contribute to headaches/migraines
- Add a few drops of Lavender to an unscented dishsoap
- Make a roller bottle with Lavender and a carrier oil (like fractionated coconut oil) so you have an on the stress relieving stick
- Soothe a sunburn by applying Lavender, Lemon and Peppermint with some coconut oil
- If bitten by a bug, apply lavender to reduce the swelling and get rid of the itch
- Add some Lavember essential oil to your all natural ale vera (take some right off of an aloe plant for the best benefits!)
Tip: When adding Essential oils to baking or cooking, always start by adding one drop, taste and adjust from there. Because of the purity and potency of doTERRA Essential Oils, you will likely only need 1 drop! But adjust to your liking.
For stronger oils such as Basil, Thyme, Oregano, etc, stick a toothpick in the orfus and swirl it into your food. You will likely only need to do this once to get the flavour into your cooking!
Peppermint Essential Oil
Peppermint is one the essential oils that we go through a lot in our home! It is so versatile and we absolutely love it!! To give you an idea of how powerful doTERRA Essential Oils are, one drop of peppermint is equivalent to 28 cups of peppermint tea!! So you can see why 1 drop is all you need to feel the powerful affects of the oils.
Peppermint is an all natural breath freshener and is fantastic for helping the body cool down. It can also help to alleviate stomach upset, encourages a healthy respiratory response, supports the airways and helps you breathe easily.
Here are some ways you can use your Peppermint Essential Oil:
- Put a drop of Peppermint essential oil in the palm of your hand, dip your thumb into it and place your thumb to the roof of your mouth for 5 seconds. Enjoy a nice fresh breath! Take the remaining oil on your hands, rub them together and cup it over your nose (not too close!) and take 5 deep inhales in and out to awaken your senses and wake you up, then rub the remaining on the back of your neck to sooth any tension or to cool the body.
- During the hotter months, keep a spray bottle with water and a few drops of Peppermint near by. You can spray it on your body to get a cooling sensation and you need to cool down
- For a natural mouth rinse, add a drop or peppermint and lemon in a shot glass of water, swish around and spit out (or you can swallow it if you choose to!)
- Add a drop of peppermint to your lip balm tubes. It acts as a natural plumper
- Take deep breaths of Peppermint to really open up your airways
- To help soothe occasional aches and pains, apply peppermint with a carrier oil to joints that typically experience discomfort
- Rub on the stomach or take a couple drops internally for digestive support
- Add peppermint to your baking and smoothies! Hello Chocolate Peppermint Brownies!!
- If looking for a way to curb your appetite an reduce snacking, diffuse peppermint
- Keep on hand to smell when experiencing motion sickness
- Before working out, apply Peppermint to your chest (or just take a few deep inhales right out of the bottle). This will open up your airways and allow for a better workout. After a workout, add a drop to your shampoo (Thanks Angie for the tip!)
- Diffuse or spritz peppermint on a child's clothing before study time for improved concentration and alertness
- Peppermint is anti-spasmatic, so adding a drop to a glass of water helps to calm the stomach
- Roll down the sides of the nose and across the forehead to help clear sinuses. Combine with Lavender and Lemon to support seasonal discomfort
Lemon Essential Oil
Lemon is the top-selling doTERRA essential oil and has multiple benefits and uses. It is a powerful cleansing agent that purifies the air, disinfects surfaces, and can be used in a non-toxic cleaner throughout the home. When taken internally, Lemon provides cleansing and digestive benefits.
Here are some ways to use your Lemon Essential Oil:
- Diffuse with Lavender and Peppermint when your body is reacting to the environment (aka allergies)
- Take Lemon, Lavender and Peppermint internally to support your body's reaction to the environment (aka seasonal allergies)
- Diffuse to neutralize odours in the air by diffusing Lemon on its own
- Dissolves anything sticky! Sticker adhesives, gum, tree sap, labels and more. Apply a drop directly on the spot and rub in with a high quality micro-fiber cloth
- Dry up a runny nose: apply 1 drop of lemon (with a couple drops of a carrier oil) to the bridge of nose and deeply inhale
- Add 2 drops to a large glass of water, daily, to benefit from the cleansing effects of the limonene (Lemon has over 95% limonene!)
- Add a drop of Lemon to your favourite salad dressing, seasoning, cooking, baking and more!
- When you are needing a mood boost, diffuse Lemon or add a drop to your hands, cup it over your nose and inhale deeply. Run the remaining oil on the back of your neck or through your hair
- Add a couple drops of Lemon essential oil to your dishwater or all natural unscented dishsoap. You will get the advantages of the cleansing properties of the essential oil
- Make a produce wash: Fill your sink with cold water (enough to just cover your produce), add 1/4 cup baking soda and 3-4 drops of Lemon essential oil. Swish around and let your produce sit for 15 minutes.
- Preserve cut fruit: use Lemon essential oil in a spray to keep your cut fruit fresh until serving
- Add a drop of Lemon to each of your wool dryer balls before running your dryer
- Combine a couple drops of Lemon with a couple drips of Olive Oil to make your own furniture polish and to protect your leather couches
- Combine with white vinegar in a spray bottle for a quick, easy and clean glass cleaner. Spray on the glass and wipe with a high quality micro-fiber cloth.
Special Note: Lemon is a photosensitive oil. Do not apply to areas of the skin if going outside within 12 hours of application. This more so applies to the summer/spring months. If applying a photosensitive oil, apply it in a place that will be covered by clothing.